This job has now expired
Print & Design Manager Job Description
Day to day management of print & design department
• Budgetry control
• Overall production planning and control
• Materials management
- Paper tender and evaluation
- Maintenance of paper contract
- Authorisation of all purchases
• Tender, quotes and placing of farmed work
• Staffing issues
• Creation job/production specifications
• Determination of most economical print process and quantities
• Liaison with clients - queries - ad hoc print requests
• Creation of standard production specifications to form numbers
• External job (income) - quotations
• Chemical waste management
• Health & Safety - machine servicing and safety certificates
• Stocktakes of virgin stock and production items
End of month
• Checking and input of finished job sheets to production worksheet/costing system
• Creation of monthly cross charges for work undertaken by budget code
• Liaison with management accounts and budget holders
• List total stock issues for month to management accounts
• Check and authorise staff time sheets
Forms design and control
• Design and typeset all new forms - advice to clients - vetting process and final allocation to
• Maintenance of numbering system and version control
• Preparation of forms for printing - colour seps - print to relevant RIP (includes production
• Modification to existing forms artwork
• Maintenance and updating of:
- Production worksheet/costing system (Filemaker Pro)
- Print & design ordering system (web based)
• Recoding of all alerts to forms on worksheet/costing standard specifications database
• Maintain and udate catalogue on Print & design ordering system
Liaison with hospital managers and staff at all levels, external customers and suppliers.
Management and interpersonal skills.
Good working knowledge of Quark Xpress, Photoshop, Illustrator.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Understanding of databases and costing.
Good numeric skills.
Good forms design and layout skills.