Technical Manager - Packaging Design
PK4382 - TECHNICAL MANAGER
£Dependent on Experience
Our client is a leading packaging agency. They offer a streamlined technical design process and brand continuity across all printing processes, geographic regions, and packaging structures and substrates.
The company are currently looking for a Technical Manager. This is both an internal and client facing role that is primarily focused on the technical considerations of a job or wider implications.
Internally the role will liaise with all departments to oversee and manage all technical aspects of a job, project, procedure or development. You will support the pre-production team and validate works orders before they enter production. Externally the individual will represent the business relating to all technical facets of a job, project, procedure or development.
- To adhere to the company's "Standard Operating Procedures".
- To be flexible in line with the demands placed on the business to ensure delivery to clients in accordance with (SLA's).
- To provide technical support for client services and pre-production to facilitate an efficient order fulfilment process.
- To attend printers as and when required (Fingerprints, Press approvals, Pre production meetings).
- To attend pre-artwork meetings as and when required, balancing the needs of the business with those of the clients.
- To establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of service delivery and client satisfaction, applicable to technical services.
- To develop relationships where applicable to support and improve the order fulfilment process and strengthen the general business offer and position.
- To coordinate all print development work and shared client initiatives to influence positive change and manage expectations, this will be achieved through timely communication and documented process and procedures.
- To provide training and development to internal and where applicable external associates.
- To continue to develop and enhance your understanding of the market, technical developments/innovation/trends and the needs of our target client base.
- To attend applicable tradeshows, seminars, clients, suppliers and group sites to contribute toward positive business performance. (At the request of your line manager)
- To support the business in other areas as may be required from time to time.
- A highly experienced professional, you will have experience, knowledge and a proven track record of managing technical projects relating to the graphics implementation industry.
- You are required to demonstrate natural leadership qualities.
- Complete understanding of all print processes and limitations.
- Must be capable of interfacing with all levels, including subordinates, peers, management (inc. group), clients and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Needs to have strong decision-making ability, with the ability to manage multiple projects, establishing priorities, understanding and overcoming issues.
- Needs to work well under pressure and operate with minimal supervision, think creatively; must be solution oriented and flexible while always taking into consideration what is in the best interest of the business.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organisational, communication and written skills.