Head of Quality and Compliance
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and fast growing customer communications company. If you have experience working within the Print & Mail industry with extensive experience working with ISO 27001 this may be the opportunity for you.
Manage the Compliance Department to
- Maintain Registers of Legislation and other requirements in particular Health & Safety, Environmental and Data Protection
- Monitor new and proposed legislation
- Audit compliance on a regular basis and report non-conformance to the Directors
- Ensure the department maintains management systems to comply with ISO 9001, 14001, 22301, 27001, CPAS, FSC/PEFC and Health and Safety Legislation
- Work with management to formulate company policies and procedures
- Plan direct and co-ordinate employee awareness of company policies and procedures
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the quality assurance activities undertaken and to be the catalyst in developing, promoting, implementing and maintaining a quality improvement programme.
- Assist top management to identify, assess and mitigate operational, strategic and reputational risk
- Maintain a Risk Register, Risk Treatment Plans and Business Impact Analysis
- Promote a risk based management culture
- Maintain a schedule of internal audits
- Ensure internal Auditors carry out and report on planned audits
- Ensure that non-conformances and arising preventative actions are tracked and closed
- Manage external surveillance, due diligence and insurance assessor visits
- Manage procedures to effectively investigate incidents and accidents ensuring that root cause and preventative actions are adequately identified
- Report activity weekly to the Management Team
- Report on activity, KPIs and trends to the Board
As a member of the Management Team:
- Monitor the impact of customer and operational activity on compliance and risk management
- Raise awareness of incidents and accident investigation facilitating resolution
- Set annual objectives
- Experience working with ISO 27001 is essential.
- Experience with PCI would be highly beneficial to your application.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a relevant environment.
- Experience of leading and developing a team of similar professionals.
- Demonstrable experience of the drafting, implementation and management of relevant business management systems covering information security, quality, health and safety, environment.
- Relevant qualification in Quality Management at level 5 or above
- Qualified to level 5 or above in a relevant technical discipline and able to demonstrate experience of leading on the development of appropriate compliance management systems.
- Qualified to a minimum of lead auditor level in a relevant discipline is desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding awarding organisation recognition and Quality Assurance
- Experience in audit and analysis activity
- An advanced level of skill in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to deliver clear concise ideas / complex technical strategies to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive and highly organised, with a proven ability to multi-task as required
- Be able to provide strong execution and planning skills
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Passionate about our business, with a general thirst for knowledge and a significant interest in innovation and improvements
- Creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Positive thinker, with a can-do attitude.
Apply for Head of Quality and Compliance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly