Health & Safety Officer
Health & Safety Officer | Leicestershire| £27,000 - £32,000
Our client are a leader within in Transactional Print and Direct Mail, they are have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Officer to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
A bit about the Health & Safety role:
• Responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
• Plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures.
• Work in partnership with employers and employees to minimise, operational losses occupational health problems accidents and injuries.
• Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
• Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
A bit about you:
• As extensive knowledge of current health and safety best practice
• Extensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, and codes of practice
• At least three years relevant experience as a health and safety professional
• Experience of managing risk assessments
• Experience of investigating accidents
• Experience of conducting health and safety audits
If this sounds like you, get in touch ASAP!