Business Development Manager - Flexible Packaging
PK4405 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ANY UK LOCATION
£40-50K + Package including Car, Pension and Bonus
Our client is a market leader in flexible food packaging, currently looking for a Business Development Manager. The main focus of the role will be to have an immediate impact on the generation of new business and new accounts for the company.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Business Development Manager will be home based but operating on a national basis within target market sectors.
- The role requires an individual who can hit the ground running with a view to take the position forward to achieve positive results.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with potential customers through effective communication (telephone, email, letter, visit, etc.) and building appropriate networks and partnerships.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement, variations in price, delivery and specification.
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy.
- Identify market trends to grow incremental revenue/commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Design, Production, Sales Administration, Credit Control and Finance) to manage new accounts.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Feeding future buying trends back to managers.
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate clear growth, EBITDA, P&L responsibilities etc. in previous positions.
You must have technical expertise and an understanding of flexible packaging in food or brand development sectors.