A dynamic company with an exciting future ahead, providing design-to-print graphic services to the consumer products packaging market, is seeking a highly skilled Retoucher to be held responsible for the completion of retouching activities relating to the supplying of their goods and services. They are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures; a keen eye for colour and matching skills; solid experience of working within a prepress environment; experience of the print industry and procedures.
The role will entail the following activities:
• Converting images received into colour correct, production ready images for use in any media environment.
• Colour correct and execute client’s comments and direction
• Managing multi layered PSD’s containing multiple Layer sets and file management.
• Produce colour accurate proofs for client approval
• Ability to mentor new & junior staff, provide training to less experienced team members
• Responsibility for ensuring line and traffic managers are kept informed of the progress of the jobs they are working on, and any impact there is to the production plan
• To understand the importance of using systems and to record image retouching progress on jobs
• To ensure that all images produced and proofed are correct and reviewed in accordance to the quality procedures
• Develop and update master artworks and guideline documentation.
• To ensure all quality control procedures are adhered to
If you tick the following boxes, please do not hesitate to apply:
• Extensive experience using Adobe CS packages
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for daily interaction with account management / traffic team
• Knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others
• Ability to work both as part of a team and unsupervised
• Proven experience of artwork creation and manipulation to a high standard
• Ability to understand and execute instructions
• Must be detail-oriented
• To adhere to all internal processes in place for digital workflows
• To adhere to all reporting processes set up within the department
• Effective problem-solving
• Ability to manage own workload and meet customer deliveries
• Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure