Print Operative & Finisher - Large Format Digital
LATEST VACANCY! (SN943)
LARGE FORMAT DIGITAL PRINT OPERATIVE & FINISHER - WEST YORKSHIRE
£18-24K Depending on Experience + Overtime (when required)
Shifts - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Our client based in Yorkshire is a market leader in the manufacture of POS, Banners, Pop Out Banners, Pull Up Banners, Displays and Flags. They are seeking an experienced flexible individual to strengthen their production team.
They currently operate 2 Wide Format D-Gen Dye Sublimation Machines; A Durst Flatbed and HP Latex printers. Shortly they will be adding a Zund cutter and UV Fabric Roll to Roll printer for backlit retail displays. The Print Operative will be familiar with the effective operation of the machines and the operation of RIP Software and preparation of artwork for print using Adobe illustrator and Photoshop. The candidate will be required to participate fully in all aspects of artwork preparation, colour management, printing, cutting and finishing of all products.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in large format printing and finishing.
- You will have a keen eye for detail and a desire to deliver an exceptional service, the role includes production of large format digital, flags, exhibition graphics and banners and a variety of POS and Event boards and free standing display units.
- You will have knowledge of finishing, cutting, lamination and vinyl will be essential as is experience at installing POS, displays and signage.
- The key day-to-day tasks will include:
- Operating all print machinery
- Maintenance and upkeep of equipment
- Assisting in the print finishing department
- Assisting the install teams as required
- A flexible attitude to working hours to support demand is essential. (In periods of high demand a shift pattern may be introduced, this may happen at short notice subject to business needs.)
- Monitoring production costs and assisting the estimating team on pricing jobs
- Managing Artwork and colour management
Experience and understanding of Dye Sublimation would be a major advantage.