Branch Manager - Digital Hub
Up to £35K plus bonus (OTE potential £45K or more) + 22 days holiday
Our client is looking for a Branch Manager to head up their digital print hub in London, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual to drive customer service forward in their small but fast paced design and print centre. The growth will result in direct financial benefits. The role is to lead a team of up to 10 people in Customer Service, Design and Production whilst maximising turnover, gross profitability and customer satisfaction of existing clients both on the telephone and face to face in the centre.
The right candidate will be highly self-motivated, energetic and be able to work using their own initiative. They will have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills. They will be IT literate and definitely have experience of the printing industry serving commercial clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and manage a team of up to 10 people by example providing motivation and inspiration in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Manage contact with clients both on the phone and in the centre, providing estimates and maximizing opportunities for the business.
- Working with Sales to co-ordinate and implement local sales and marketing initiatives so as to develop and grow business with both new and existing clients.
- Be responsible for achieving and exceeding the financial targets set out in the business plan.
- The role would suit an energetic and self-motivated individual with a desire to progress in a sales focused business to business environment. The ability to work using their own initiative is key.
- Candidates will need excellent interpersonal skills, have a real desire to provide outstanding client service and be determined to succeed.
- A sharp eye for detail is imperative to ensure job specifications and pricing is accurate.
- Knowledge of the printing and business communications industry would be ideal, but candidates should be able to demonstrate personal success in a client facing environment.
- Strong PC skills are important although training will be given on bespoke software.