An opportunity to take the reins of a long established and highly respected global printed communications company.
Our client has set a minimum requirement of 10 years+ experience within a print or packaging firm, specifically working or having worked at a senior level (as MD or GM) with MINIMUM (No exceptions), £10m pa company in the last 5 years.
Your skills must include the ability to formulate a vision for the market growth which gets communicated to employees in a compelling and actionable way. You will need to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential, setting clear expectations and demanding high levels of performance. In addition to being a charismatic leader.
The successful candidate will be capable of motivating, developing and leading a team capable of maximising opportunities through the development of existing business as well as winning new accounts through the team.
Function: Plan, direct and deliver sales and profit growth. This includes the management of all resources to achieve maximum efficiency and profitability. Ensuring activities of key team members are focused on strategically growing and developing the business year on year, through a mixture of staff development, sales and marketing, introduction of new methodology and technology. Setting and achieving annual targets and objectives as identified within the budget process.
Sales and Marketing Accountabilities
• To ensure that sales personnel activity is properly focused, pursuing and winning new business, directly and indirectly through the day to day management of both direct and indirect sales force.
• To ensure development of key accounts and be able to offer and secure ‘added value’ services, ensuring that new or different product lines are introduced to the existing customer base.
• Apply a strategic approach to the growth of the business, reviewing opportunities and driving forward growth.
• To achieve and exceed company expectations in sales, margin and net profit.
• To deliver an excellent service to all customers aiming to provide total satisfaction and customer retention.
• To gain recognition for a professional, ethical and quality assured business.
• Review, monitor and manage key internal factors which can influence the success of the business
• Continued research and analysis of marketplace, to ensure correct targeting of sectors, required resources and pricing models are applied incorporating planning and recommend any investment
Operational and Other Accountabilities:
• Prepare, manage and be responsible for the P&L
• Preparation and submission of budgets and objectives
• Ensure the correct and balanced deployment of resources is in place, including equipment and personnel, to match the needs of the business and its customers
• Ensure the application and enforcement of all company and corporate policies and procedures, including HR, Customer Services, Customer Relationship Management
• Ensure customer service strategy is implemented
• Assess, identify and facilitate staff training and development needs
• Development and maintenance of excellent customer relationship management and strategic customer service levels
• Ensure measurement of performance of all capital expenditure incorporating return on capital
• Stringent controls of costs, expenditure and investments (SG&A) within budget parameters
• To liaise with and support the Business Managers within the area
Job Knowledge, Experience & Skills
• Strong empathy with sales and indepth operational skills
• A broad and strong knowledge of the industry and market
• Must have competent understanding of IT, Finance and other organisation skills
• Excellent man management skills.
Due to the highly confidential nature of this vacancy we can't reveal the exact location at this stage. We are happy to communicate this information to candidates who match the client’s criteria. We can confirm that under no circumstances will we email this client or any client your CV without your prior permission.
Apply for Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly