Salary per hour: £8:35 - £9:10 + 33% Shift Allowance + Overtime (Paid at time and a half Monday to Saturday and double on Sunday) + 25 Days Holiday and 8 Bank Holidays
Shift pattern: Rotating 3 shift system - 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm + 10pm-6am
Our client is a market leading packaging manufacturer looking for a Quality Technician who is computer literate, a problem solver and has quality and packaging experience.
- Safety and hygiene.
- Demonstrate safe working practices with procedures followed at all times.
- Keeping work areas tidy including laboratory and quarantine area.
- Represent quality at times on safety and hygiene teams.
- Decision making.
- First of review to start production, "in process" confirmation and approval of raw materials.
- Quarantine of materials, retesting and release back to production as "passed".
- Prioritising tasks.
- When to involve operators / supervisors in quality decisions and events.
Technical Skills Required:
- A working knowledge of all test equipment used to measure production quality and laboratory tests.
- Understanding of raw materials and basic make-up of all products.
- Understanding of quality and hygiene systems.
- Accurate data recording and understanding of tolerances and understanding of basic statistics.
Quality Skills Required:
- A working knowledge of factory and laboratory testing and control processes.
- Filing and organisation of documents and retain samples.
- Auditing supplier certificates of analysis and basic goods inwards control and testing.
- Completing and sending certificates of analysis / conformity to customers.
- Completion of reject reports and the control of defective material (Quarantines & SCARs).
- Internal auditing and raising non-conformance reports against "BRC Packaging & Packaging Materials" and "ISO9001:2015" standards.
- Basic investigation to find root cause and complete corrective action plans as directed.
Computer Skills Required:
- Ability to input and retrieve information from databases, including our inventory system.
- Basic word processing and use of emails.
- Use of charts, spreadsheets and tables to represent data.
- People and teamwork skills.
- Clear verbal and written communication to colleagues and managers.
- Understanding of internal customers and suppliers.
- Trainer of operators on basic quality and hygiene matters.
- Flexibility within the quality team - be self-motivated and work unsupervised as needed.