Digital Print Supervisor - Large Format
7 days left
- Contract Type
£Open depending on Experience + Pension + Shift Allowance + Overtime
Our client is a well-established and growing POS displays & graphics specialist with a national client base of creative agencies and end users in the retail, exhibition, museum and interior graphics markets. The highly skilled workforce ensures the company's products are consistently of a high quality. With the ability to take on large and complex orders and supply successfully to very demanding lead times. Customer retention rates are very high.
Main products and services: POS, Large Format Digital, Lightbox, Graphics, Magnetic POS Graphics, FSDU's, Vehicle Wrapping etc.
The Digital Print Supervisor reports directly to the Production Director and is directly responsible for the day-to-day activities of the department workforce under his/her control. The areas of responsibility include:
- Being responsible for allocating tasks to individuals within your control, monitoring their progress and ensuring their completion within the appropriate time scale.
- Establishing and maintaining discipline within your area of control in conjunction with the Production Director.
- Planning on a daily basis the loading of your area of control in conjunction with the Production Director.
- Reporting back to the Production Director the progress achieved against daily plans.
- Arranging additional labour requirements (either staff overtime or casual labour) to suit the department's workload.
- The maintenance of the correct working conditions and standards of cleanliness within your area of control.
- Carrying out any production work when necessary.
- The maintenance of effective quality control.
- Ensuring that all jobs are completed within the allotted time, notifying the Production Director of any circumstances that will not allow this.
- Discussing with the Production Director any improvements within your area of control or others that could lead to improved performance / standards / working conditions on a daily basis and at regular Management Meetings.
- Carrying out instructions as given to you by the Production Director.
- Giving necessary instruction to individuals within your control to enable them to operate effectively.
- Health and Safety; being responsible where necessary for the training and everyday supervision of machines and equipment within your area of control, reporting anything that may lead to a dangerous situation or accident occurring.
- Being aware and making those working for you aware of being cost effective in the use of time and materials and the cost for producing sub-standard work.
- Any information you are told of a sensitive nature regarding the company and company employees is to be treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Working in any other capacity when deemed necessary by Management to ensure gainful employment.
The nature of the Company's operation is such that the co-operation of all employees in working overtime is essential. You may, therefore, be required to work overtime, including Saturdays and Sundays to meet the needs of production.
Apply for Digital Print Supervisor - Large Format
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly