NEWSPAPER/MAGAZINE PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (OPERATIONS SERVICES)
NEWSPAPER/MAGAZINE PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
News UK, the UK’s leading national newspaper publisher, is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to work within its Operations Services team. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for production planning and scheduling of the company’s newspaper titles and its magazine portfolio.
The role will be based at our head office, located in London Bridge.
Key duties will include:
- Coordination of production activities across the business and throughout the supply chain in order to ensure effective planning, implementation, and on-time delivery of the company’s titles
- Liaison and communication with external suppliers and stakeholders across the business, ensuring all communication streams are accurate, effective and timely
- Support the production planning for both our newspaper and magazine titles
- Performance monitoring, management and reporting
- Contingency planning
- Estimating and controlling costs
- Project management of specials as required
- Must be clear thinking, have a high degree of initiative, an excellent eye for detail and the ability to produce consistently accurate work to the highest standard
- Will need to be reliable, flexible and able to work as part of a team in a pressured environment to tight deadlines
- Will have proven experience in complex planning operations, preferably production focussed, from the planning stages to delivery
- Ideally, will have a good understanding of newspapers and/or magazine production processes and supply chain operations experience
- Will need excellent analytical, planning, organisational and time-management skills
- Will require excellent administrative skills, be able to communicate effectively and manage stakeholders at all levels
- Will require excellent influencing skills, be able to work co-operatively across the business and demonstrate sound operational judgement and decision making
If you want to work for one of Britain's largest media companies then don't delay, apply now with a FULL CV.
Closing date: EOP Friday 19th May 2017