Business Development Manager - Laminates
ANY UK LOCATION
Salary upwards of £50K + Car/Allowance + Stakeholder Pension
Our client is a leading flexible laminate manufacturer with a strong sales position in Europe with food and non-food brands and manufacturers. They have a growing presence in the UK and Irish markets and have a full sales, customer service and invoicing operation here.
They are looking for a Business Development Manager to strengthen their UK sales operation by the appointment of an experienced sales professional with knowledge and contacts within flexible laminates packaging sector, ideally with food sector experience.
You will be responsible for new business development in the food/non-food sector. This will involve dealing with blue chip clients and household names as well as developing new emerging companies in the food processing/co-packing sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to make their mark in a fast growing dynamic UK market. Your objectives will be to contribute significant sales growth to the company as they grow their market share in the UK/Ireland market.
- At least 5 years proven sales track record in the sector and a proven capability in developing new business in flexible laminates.
- A business "hunter".
- Grow and maintain the customer base, using industry/market knowledge to source new business opportunities and establish new business sectors in line with the company growth strategy.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and a skilled negotiator.
- Methodical and well organised.
- Provide quotations and solutions to customers' needs and full liaison with company export sales support team and UK colleagues.
- Attend exhibitions and follow up any leads.
- Proficient with all normal software applications (MS Office) and ideally CRM software.
- Take part in delivering overall business strategy.
- The role is home based, but the successful candidate would be expected to spend 1 day per week at the sales office.