Senior Print Buyer
Our client is a fast-growing, innovative organisation, bringing brands to life in the most astounding ways by providing a range of integrated services and tailored solutions.
Due to major growth, they are looking for an experienced Print Buyer to purchase print & print related services whilst also managing and overseeing print projects.
- Manage effectively daily work to lists for RFQs/enquiries and orders in accordance to SLAs
- Produce clear and timely purchase specifications & instructions to suppliers & internal departments
- Ensure the Vendor Management System (VMS) in kept up to date in particular within the Web Print category
- Use creative & imaginative ideas for waste reduction and savings
- Use Excel to build tables and matrices to summarize information
- Manage data by sorting, filtering and basic calculation/statistical functions
- Ensure each order placed is delivered; On time, in budget, to the required quality/specification
- Identify, build and manage a specialist network of 'best in class' suppliers
- Ensure supplier appraisals are performed & uploaded to the Vendor Manager, managing supplier performance
- Negotiates with suppliers to achieve best value within quality & time SLAs
- Manages and remedies supplier issues including quality, late deliveries
- Work to departmental procedures and workflow
- Assists account management in decision making for placing jobs internally/externally based on capability
To apply for this role, you must have 2 years’ experience within a similar role, with experience of Print purchasing. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge and understanding of the MIS systems, tools and calculators. We are looking for a focused individual with commercial awareness. The stand out applicant will be capable of striking a balance between great commercial nuance and intelligent negotiation skills.