Account Development Manager - Transactional Mailing / Postage
Up to £40K Competitive salary + pension + car allowance + 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days over a 5 year period
Our client is a transactional, postal, data and print management company they offer world class operational facilities, as well as procedures to plan, design, execute and deliver all transactional mailing communications.
They are currently looking for an Account Development Manager to join their team; this role is primarily customer facing with time spent with customers developing relationships, growing and retaining customers as the main focus (the role will be split roughly 50% office based and 50% visiting customers).
The job holder is responsible for the commercial relationships of a defined portfolio of customers. With overall responsibility for ensuring that customers receive an excellent standard of service in line with their needs and that successful strategies are developed to enable new business to be won. The role requires the job holder to coach and mentor other members of the customer services team.
Reporting to the Customer Service Director you will be responsible for the following:
- To contribute to achieving the company's annual sales budget
- To achieve a personal sales and portfolio target
- To maximise margin
- To ensure all customer contracts are renewed, valid and commercially beneficial to the company
- To develop an in depth knowledge of a portfolio of customer to influence their relationship with the company
- To build senior level contacts across a portfolio of customers
- To accurately forecast volume and revenue from a portfolio of customers
- To provide exceptional customer service and assist customers to purchase
- To document account plans for specific segments of customers within the portfolio
- Provide customers with relevant management information to improve retention and reduce the cost to serve by eliminating practices that increase the cost to do business or impact upon the quality of service provided
- To train, develop, mentor more junior staff within the team and as appropriate across the business
- To provide the business with relevant competitor, customer and sector knowledge to inform and influence companies strategies
- To acquire an in depth knowledge of the companies capabilities, processes and operations
- Ensuring effective resolution of customer complaints and pro-actively investigating and solving escalated or complex customer problems or issues
- To work flexibly to achieve the company's financial and strategic goals