Head of Print Production and Tech
Our client, an innovative, fast-moving marketing agency is seeking a proactive and delivery-focused Head of Print Production and Tech to be part of a leadership team servicing POS campaigns for one of the biggest retail brands in the world.
This exciting opportunity for a Head of Print Production and Tech required a candidate who is solution orientated, decisive by nature, and who can build excellent working relationships with clients, the production team and suppliers to deliver the highest level of customer service and quality.
The successful candidate will continuously monitor the quality of production and look for innovative ways to improve service, speed to market whilst delivering complex retail campaigns. You should possess excellent communication, customer facing and senior team management skills.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in delivering retail campaigns for complex retail estates and have superior technical large format/POS print knowledge. Knowledge of leading edge production and manufacturing capabilities, and experience managing and buying print services – particularly screen printing, digital printing (large and wide format) – are also a highly sought after assets for this role.
If successful in your application for this role, your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the onsite Production lead and go to person for all stakeholder groups
- Be a leader to your team, peers, colleagues and clients
- Building strong working and influential relationships with key clients
- Adhere to the contractual SLAs
- Implement and manage the production schedules for the UK and CE markets
- Work with the stakeholder groups to set and maintain quality standards
- Proactively manage client orders, ensuring budgets are met and print production processes are followed.
- Manage budgets and financial requirements
- Provide performance and financial reports
- Purchase and manage print in a commercial manner from a Preferred Supply Chain
- Manage supplier reporting and daily performance ensuring high quality and service
- Manage and lead a team - monitor and review the performance of staff and ensure customer service is of the highest standard
- Ensure that all best practices are followed and you and the your team deliver compliance
- Maintaining all company ISO procedures and avoiding non conformance
- Recruits, trains and develops staff accordingly
- Deliver value for money innovation or production savings, measure and report
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Translates the clients strategic goals into retail production operations
- Instigates and implements procedures and process improvements to maximise capacity of the team and work smart
- Develop a deep understanding of competitive landscape and customer knowledge
To be considered for this role, you must also be resourceful, positive, commercial and enthusiastic, very schedule focused and accustomed to working in high pressured environments client side. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving and judgement skills whilst keeping a calm manner. Visible leadership skills – motivating others to achieve the team objectives – and strong managerial skills are also a must.