Account Development Director
Account Development Director
Activities of the Company :
We are a leading producer and distributor of time sensitive printed point of sale material for a wide range of clients, including high profile retailers and brands.
Department : Customer Services
Reporting structure : Reports into Client Services Director
Key Tasks :
- Identify new opportunities with clients for SP, the Group and added value services (chargeable)
- Increase awareness of the Group offer and develop commercial and sales capabilities within the team
- Growth Opportunity plans to be in place with each member of the team
- Proactively work with the New Business Teams to support tenders and the conversion of new business.
- Prepare and present to clients and agencies
- Amend, develop and implement 18 month account plan
- Protect and secure our current accounts
- Contract management as appropriate - prepare to contract, extend, renew and review
- Account Management Strategy and Business Plans for each account
- Develop relationships at key strategic levels within client organisations
- Bring innovation for clients through development, trialling and testing
- Be aware of the competitor landscape on each account and manage the risk accordingly
- Maximise the sales and margin on your accounts
- Ensure targets, monthly measurements, clear direction and responsibilities are in place for each member of your team
- To ensure AD’s identify which elements/items are higher margin and improve, re-engineer or look to remove low elements, review actual margin against estimated per campaign etc
- Work with the commercial and production teams to drive margin improvement
- Review job costs and team overheads
- Ensure team training is carried out to improve processes / efficiency and reduce error rate
- Develop commercial focus within the team
- Provide accurate and timely forecast with variance narrative
- Develop and use best practice for transition of new business
- Achieve budgeted revenue, AV and profit
- Responsibility for the commercials of the accounts across the team
- Responsible for ensuring all client reporting / communication is delivered on time and in full.
- Visit client/agency taking briefs in person as required
- Acting in a supporting and advisory role for clients
- Handle client disappointment or complaints professionally and effectively
- Work with the client and other departments/divisions to help deliver continuous improvement initiatives that drive cost savings and efficiencies
- Ensure the team give a clear, full brief to production services and provide information for forward bookings with manufacturing and purchasing
- Overall responsibility for accurate, timely invoicing and managing overdue debt effectively
- To proactively manage your team through the management and development of individuals through the Performance Review process and where appropriate the Performance Management process. To ultimately increase the calibre of individuals operating within our business at all levels.
- To ensure a clear succession plan is in place for each account.
- To set an example to the rest of the team ensuring a positive attitude and excellent working relationships
- To demonstrate the appropriate business values and behaviours in line with the SP values.
- Ensure that all company policies are adhered to by the team such as absence reporting, performance management, confidentiality, expenses policy etc.
Personal Specification :
Proven track record of working with marketing and procurement clients within both brands and retailers, having a detailed understanding of the challenges that they currently face.
Apply for Account Development Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly