Sample Technician Manager
The output of the sample team is a fundamental element of the wider Product Development department and its performance is critical in the winning of new business. The role has full responsibility for the efficient and smooth running of the sample team and reports to the Group Design Manager.
The output requirements of the sample team can be broken down into two main areas:
- Sample Making
- Working closely with the Product Development Co-ordinator, produce and dispatch all sample requirements to a high quality and ensure that all deadlines at met.
- At the point of producing samples from a new prototype mould, liaise with the Technical Designers to agree material specification and product performance attributes.
- Complete the mould preparation stage prior to the forming of samples.
- Stock Sample Dispatch
- They have a web based tool which is used by customers and colleagues to orders samples of products of which they hold stock. There are more than 1,000 different products and all orders are picked are to be picked and dispatched in line with their 48 hour SLA.
- This is a hands on role as well as management of people and process; with two direct reports. You will be expected to lead by example with a positive attitude and have a proactive approach.
- Continuous review of sample making capacity levels, and where necessary co-ordinate the outsourcing of the making of samples to their external supplier
- Stock management of raw materials to ensure availability at all times
- Stock management including the reordering of sample and roll stock from various manufacturing sites within the Group
- Maintaining output reports
- Managing and motivating the team, conducting PDR’s and identifying training/ development areas
A level of engineering experience would be beneficial to help understand the constraints of the sample machine and to assist with the further development of its capabilities.