Electrical Focus Technician - Corrugated Packaging
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of high quality conventional corrugated packaging for FMCG markets, particularly blue chip clients in Beverage, Food and Confectionary.
Due to having recently secured a multi-million pound investment plan our client is looking to recruit an Electrical Focus Technician to join their team.
Your objective is through modern maintenance systems will be to maintain business as usual for the plant operations, to continuously improve availability/reliability of the equipment, to manufacture quality products safely.
You will provide a technical support resource to the manufacturing operation, delivering optimum asset reliability and performance through an effective asset maintenance and Continuous Improvement approach.
You will have a good understanding of modern maintenance techniques as well as good working operational knowledge of a manufacturing site. You should also be capable of ensuring a quick reaction to daily business needs and be able to balance this against dedicating an appropriate amount of time and energy to developing improvement strategies and action plans.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance using electrical engineering skill set.
- Reliability focused using modern techniques such as TPM, RCA, RCM and FMEA.
- Support the continuous improvement culture and failure analysis agenda by analysing CMMS data to develop action plans to permanently solve problems by addressing the root cause.
- Lead problem solving sessions
- Support KPI analysis both weekly and monthly and ensure KPIs are met.
- Coaching and supporting reactive engineers to develop their skills on your asset.
- Develop and drive the execution of A3 availability and MTBF strategic improvement plans based on data analysis.
- Control of planned maintenance outages and events.
- Provide support for project activity and change initiatives as appropriate.
- PPM development to achieve the right balance of efficient (compliance) and effective (right first time) maintenance.
Skills / Experience:
- Time served Engineer.
- Minimum ONC in a relevant Electrical discipline.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player who adopts a continuous improvement approach.
- The ability to self-manage workloads against the correct priorities
- Experience of working in a fast paced engineering environment (ideally FMCG) is essential.
- PLC experience
- Experience of CMMS utilisation and development (Ideally Maximo but not essential)
- Strong understanding of H&S in a manufacturing environment.
- Awareness of modern maintenance techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (excel, word etc.)