DS Smith Ely are looking for a Factory Operator to safely operate a variety of equipment and systems, while working as part of a team to ensure 100% quality and service to our customers. The role holder will show a full understanding of company job specifications, drawings, safe systems of work and procedures, and be able to communicate and share as necessary with colleagues and/or visitors and auditors.
What aspects are involved in this role?
• Ensuring adherence to all Health, Safety, Hygiene and Environmental laws as well as local policies.
• Using the safety interaction cards, record ideas for improvement of safety or addressing of immediate safety hazards.
• Completing machine start up checks and record findings on relevant forms
• Logging of performance and quality data onto various business systems, including the shop floor data capture system, MIS and OEE
• Conducting 1st off inspection for quality assurance, and perform continuous quality checks throughout the day
• Undertaking training on various machines/processes from a fully trained operator/instructor
• Logging and controlling of material batches that are to be used on specific jobs for health and hygiene purposes
• Supporting agency workers to maintain the required standards of safety, quality, and productivity
• Achieving productivity and waste performance targets, following initial training and induction
• Taking instruction from the area team leader on a daily basis, working together to ensure that customer needs are met, in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Must be able to speak English comfortably
• Must be able to read and write in English, to a level where procedures and safe systems of work can be clearly understood by the role holder
• Comfortable in using computers to access and add data to business system
• Manually dextrous
• Basic machinery awareness
• Absolute integrity and honesty
• Motivated to learn, with a good work ethic
• Flexible approach, with the ability to work as a part of a team
• A good sense of humour will help
• Able to follow instructions
• Good mathematical ability is an advantage
Week 1 - 6am to 2.15pm Mon to Fri
week 2 - 2.15pm to 10.30pm Mon to Fri
Week 1 - 2.15pm to 10.30pm Mon to Fri
Week 2 - 6am to 2.15pm Mon to Fri