Commercial Manager | Paper & Packaging Sector | Manchester
Offering genuine career opportunities and on-going development to attract and retain the very best in the market, we have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to work for a UK leader in Packaging, and assist in the management and development of some of the UK’s major retailers and brand owners.
Commercial Manager | Paper & Packaging Sector | Manchester | Up to £40k + Benefits
With proven experience in paper & packaging solutions, our client offers a comprehensive range of secondary and tertiary packaging products. Currently dealing with a number of high profile organisations, they have a reputation for technical excellence that precedes them and are known throughout the industry for their outstanding customer service.
Responsible for the management of the commercial functions, including the costing, pricing and purchasing function of the business, as Commercial Manager you will be:
- Liaising closely with the sales force to deliver opportunities whilst defending the margin on the job
- Liaising closely with design to optimise opportunities
- Liaising closely with production to optimise the routing of jobs and the most cost effective ways of running them
- Controlling the purchasing function, ensuring materials are purchased in the most cost effective way in line with budgets
- Continually assessing and implementing plans to reduce the cost of purchases within the company
- Developing processes and delivering training to ensure that prices and quotations are completed in a timely manner and communicated to the External Sales Team to secure the work
- Man-management of the Admin function for the company
Key attributes required:
- Background in paper and/or packaging sector preferred
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to develop excellent customer relationships
- Strong interpersonal communications skills at all levels of business
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment; multi-tasking efficiently and working to tight deadlines
- Experience using IT packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, along with experience of using Shuttleworth would be an advantage but full training will be given to the successful applicant
Working as part of a successful team under the guidance of the Director, this company take pride in their 'family' approach, and continually invest in training and development to ensure their employees are given the opportunities for internal advancement and promotion they deserve.
If what you’ve read sounds of interest, please apply today attaching an up-to-date copy of your CV.