Area Sales Manager UK - Closures
PK4404 - AREA SALES MANAGER UK - CLOSURES
NORTH WEST / WEST MIDLANDS
Salary up to £40K + 10% Bonus + Car/Allowance
Our client is a leading producer of plastic caps and closure systems for many food and non-food sectors enjoying the number 1 position in a number of areas. Their full-service offering incorporates market research, design, modelling, production and on-going technical support to customers.
Their target is to exceed the expectations of customers through close interaction, creativity, innovation, R&D and with the confidence and enthusiasm of their teams every day.
They are seeking to further expand the Sales Team with the appointment of an Area Sales Manager UK. The role is home office based, with an ideal location around the Manchester area although other locations will be considered. This is a national role with some international travelling required.
The role will include Key Account Management of a portfolio of large blue chip brands and smaller accounts but the main focus of the role will be on business development. The ideal candidate will have a proven new business sales turnover (multi-million), ideally with a B2B manufacturer in the food packaging industry.
- Developing and extending the existing customers portfolio
- Selling the full range of products in all market segments integrating a real industrial and lobbying approach
- Ensuring the development of strategic accounts
- Being able to uncover, build and justify customer needs
- Preparing quotes, working closely with the engineering department
- Handle all the commercial tasks for the area in cooperation with the Regional Manager and the various Plant Managers (business plan, budget, reporting etc.)
- Organisation of sales agents
- A proven track record in B2B sales within a manufacturing group
- Identify opportunities, develop leads, close deals
- Minimum of 4-6 years in technical sales positions
- Cultural awareness, flexible with high reactivity
- An excellent communicator with people skills, and the ability to work on own
- In depth understanding of commercial drivers and the ability to apply them
- Driven to succeed and highly self-motivated while working within a European sales team
- A full clean driving licence