Multi Skilled Engineer
Our DS Smith site in Fordham is searching for a Multi Skilled Engineer Electrically biased to implement strategic maintenance initiatives in order to increase plant and asset reliability. You will be working closely with the Reliability Engineer, Operations, Engineering, OEMs and vendors to develop and implement best practices and increase plant and asset reliability.
• Can you bring a hands on and proactive approach to maintenance?
• Do you have experience of minimizing downtime of machines to avoid costs to the business?
• Are all your engineering efforts focused upon increasing productivity and efficiencies?
If you can answer YES to all the above questions, and feel that you are the right person for DS Smith then please read on…
What a Multi Skilled Engineer will be doing at DS Smith
As a member of the Engineering team shift working, primarily to support as a breakdown Engineer, but also to be competent and support to safely carry out maintenance, process improvement and capital project activities in order to minimise equipment breakdown delay and maximise process capability / production (OEE) in line with performance targets (KPI’s).
- To work safely at all times complying with and using (Safe systems of work, risk assessments and method statements)
- To efficiently and effectively fault find and resolve technical / process issues - To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
- To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned
- To provide technical support for capital projects and improvement activity
- Effectively communicate within and across departments using escalation procedures to manage issues and priorities
- To comply with company purchasing procedures
- To comply with stores procedures
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To be a proactive team member
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Mechanical and / or Electrical skills
- Use of workshop tools and equipment
- Drive and PLC training (strongly beneficial)
- Ability to work day and night shifts
- Successful track record of working within a fast paced and demanding environment
- Use of portable access and lifting equipment
- Ability to carry out risk assessments and document method statements
- Computer Systems
About DS Smith:
DS Smith Plc. is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
The benefits: Contributory pension Annual cycle to work scheme Childcare vouchers
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying