DS Smith Fordham is seeking a highly performing Engineering Manager to be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the site Engineering Department.
The role will see the successful individual take full accountability for the Engineering function consisting of a team of 20+ Engineers, Technicians and Stores personnel. The role will report into the site Operations Director and will be a key member of the Middle Management Team.
The key purpose of this role is to establish and embed a regime of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM). During the implementation of new techniques it is expected that the factory will continue to run reliably whilst adopting improvements in safety, product quality, machine performances (OEE) and operational autonomous maintenance along the way. The role will be carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures, which will require developed where necessary.
You are likely to be an existing high performer who wants to stretch your own development whilst achieving world class results. This is an opportunity outside of the norm and as a result we want to attract the best candidates.
What aspects are involved in this role?
- Drive a new maintenance regime based on the principles of TPM and Predictive/Preventive Maintenance to meet operational requirements
- Work with the Operations team to roll out Autonomous Maintenance programs across shifts.
- Ensure all planned maintenance activities add value and are set at the right frequency.
- Ensure that all major breakdowns have a clear root cause analysis and a closed loop action plan.
- Lead, coach and challenge the Engineering Team to achieve objectives and drive improvements.
- Use your experience of Process Control technology to build in higher performance in terms of operator safety, product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, and use of materials.
- Manage the Engineering spend to ensure that budgetary levels are not exceeded and best value is achieved including a reduction in working capital.
- Engineering Qualification
- Solid understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Strong leadership skills or ability to show tenacity and drive
- Resilience, self-motivation and passion for the role
- Background in root cause problem solving techniques.
- Understanding of process control technology and uses within FMCG
- Minimum 10yrs engineering and maintenance preferably within the FMCG industry including leadership experience.
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 22,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension
- Annual cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Paid Expenses
Location: Fordham, Newmarket
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.