Due to our planned expansion and ongoing investment programme we need to recruit a dynamic Print Lead for our print facility at our state of the art site in Belper. This is a new position forming an important role within the management team and will require drive, passion and dedication.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be tasked to manage and oversee the manufacturing operations of the pre-press, platemaking and press departments, with overall responsibility for resources, skills, communication, process control, productivity, stock control, costs and quality.
In addition, you will:
• To ensure the safe and effective operation of the areas for which he is responsible within the framework of health and safety and employment legislation
• To deliver the sites’ annual production targets
• To achieve at least a budgetary performance in his areas of cost and take the necessary action to achieve this in the area’s of his control.
• To establish and sustain performance levels within his area of control – print quality, productivity and asset care.
• To attend and take an active part within the UK Print Forum.
• To lead the implementation of best practice in-line with the work of the Forum and in-line with the UK Print Strategy.
• To provide advice to Customers regarding print matters.
• To manage print related suppliers – ink, plates, press room consumables, anilox manufacturers etc
The Key Competencies
We are looking for a strong leader to spearhead this newly created role. Candidates are required to have a good working knowledge of flexographic printing and you must be willing to advance your technical knowledge where necessary. You should also have a good working knowledge of Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures.
Candidates will be results focused. This is a challenging role but for the right candidate it can offer an excellent career opportunity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Flexographic Printing Presses is a must within the Print & Packaging Industry
• Exposure to Gravure also considered
• Strong Team Player
• Ability to hit the ground running and take ownership of the function
• Strategic approach with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Project management
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Computer Literate
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 22,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.