Business Development Manager - Direct Mail/Print
Position: New Business Development Manager (Direct Mail / Print)
Location: Kent (Possible UK)
My client provides effective communications, logistics and promotional solutions to a wide range of UK and international clients who have over 40 years of experience. They are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who comes from the Print & Mailing sector.
A pivotal role contributing to the company’s growth plans, as Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Achieve New Business Sales Target
- Develop thorough understanding of the business service capabilities and identify commercial opportunities for profitable business development by providing effective tailored direct marketing solutions.
- Pro-actively research, target, market and approach prospect clients with the objective of selling their print and mailing services at rates which meet or exceed budgeted GP%.
- Effectively, efficiently, professionally and profitably manage and grow new clients.
- Liaise with colleagues across the group to identify sales opportunities and progress to prospect and convert to sales.
- Monitor progress against sales and profit targets as well as pipeline of prospective sales.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors, current market trends and best industry practices.
- Attend industry events to gather market intelligence or to represent the business.
- Deliver 100% On Time in Full Service Delivery to clients.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times, ensuring that the client’s confidence is maintained at all times.
- To build and develop strong long term client relationships based on honesty, reliability, professionalism and a commitment to providing the highest possible standards of client service, maximising profit opportunities for the business.
- Translate often complex client requirements into a simple to understand brief for internal departments. To liaise with external bodies namely Royal Mail, printers and other agencies & suppliers as necessary.
- To ensure preparation of quotation at the beginning of a job and documentation of final invoice upon completion. Develop a good understanding of Direct Marketing and Mailing, Royal Mail services and rates, DSA postal operators, print and mailing terms and scope
- Thorough knowledge of Direct Mail industry procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Direct Mail services and processes
- Ability to prioritise work schedule to ensure client and colleague requirements are met.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to sustain effective relationships.
- Computer literacy.
Manage time constraints effectively