Digital Print Supervisor
Digital Print Supervisor Large format
£Neg dep on exp
Shift Pattern: 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am
A well established printing company
- The Digital Print Supervisor reports directly to the Digital Director and is directly responsible for the day-to-day activities of the department workforce under his/her control.
- Being responsible for allocating tasks to individuals within your control, monitoring their progress and ensuring their completion within the appropriate time scale.
- Establishing and maintaining discipline within your area of control in conjunction with the Digital Director
- Planning on a daily basis the loading of your area of control in conjunction with the Digital Director
- Reporting back to the Digital Director the progress achieved against daily plans
- Arranging additional labour requirements (either staff overtime or agency labour) to suit the department’s workload.
- The maintenance of the correct working conditions and standards of cleanliness within your area of control
- Carrying out any production work when necessary
- The maintenance of effective quality control
- Ensuring that all jobs are completed within the allotted time, notifying the Digital Director of any circumstances that will not allow this.
- Discussing with the Digital Director any improvements within your area of control or others that could lead to improved performance/standards/ working conditions on a daily basis and at regular Management Meetings.
- Carrying out instructions as given to you by the Digital Director.
- Training new starters to enable them to operate effectively
- Health and Safety; being responsible where necessary for the training and everyday supervision of machines and equipment within your area of control, reporting anything that may lead to a dangerous situation or accident occurring.
- Being aware and making those working for you aware of being cost effective in the use of time and materials and the cost for producing sub-standard work.
- Working in any other capacity when deemed necessary by Management to ensure gainful employment.