Shift Manager - Flexo Packaging
Hours: Early shift: 05:55 to 13:40 Mon-Thu + 05:55 to 14:55 Fri
Our Client is a leading independent packaging manufacturer supplying a range of packaging products to an excellent customer base, due to major investment in new equipment they are currently looking to recruit a Shift Manager
The role is to increase the throughput of goods through the factory, reducing wastes and increasing quality. To increase our knowledge and understanding of Flexo printing and diecutting.
Our client requires someone with a lot of experience in flexo printing corrugated so that they can improve on their printing quality and changeovers throughout the factory.
Background in the print & packaging industry is preferred.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Reporting to the Factory Manager
- Responsible for 5 Direct Reports (Supervisors)
- Experience in Flexo printing of corrugated cardboard
- Offer knowledge and support to those running the machines (primarily print, but also cut and glue), ensuring the company have adequate staffing for each machine, reducing wastes, and increasing throughput.
- Good communication skills
- A good general education is essential - GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths, English, and IT are desirable