Shift Manager (Flexo)
Position: Shift Manager (Flexo)
The Company: My client are a large packaging manufacturer
- Safety first
- Ensure only high quality products are produced.
- Provide support and training to their flexographic minders and trainees
- Working with print supervisor to improve their ink and plate specification
- Work with print and cut supervisors to improve the quality of products from print and cut to increase throughput through the gluing department
- Ensure 5S is maintained
- Coordinate and move staff from other machines based on daily attendance, arranging agency cover where needed.
- Monitor quality and assist in creating understanding of the customers’ requirements
- Assist in creation and improvement of standard operating procedures
- Monitor and improve changeover speeds
- Discuss with planner the production plans to give highest throughput.
- Regular meetings with other shift supervisor and Factory manager to discuss factory performance
- Provide holiday cover for factory manager and print minders
- Ensure all health and safety, quality and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Provide and update communication to staff on performance, improvements and future plans.
- Attend any training courses required.
- Background in the corrugated industry is essential
- Experience printing Corrugated Flexo essential
- Experience cutting flat-fed and rotary corrugated beneficial
- Experience at supervisor or Management level beneficial
- To have experience in Lean / Theory of Constraints is beneficial
- Experience training others is beneficial
- Good time management skills
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality.
- Well organized and forward planner
- Keeps calm under pressure
- Can inspire others to improve
- Natural problem solver