Business Development Manager - Labels
£30K (Negotiable for the right person/experience) + Commission (Paid annually, based on targets and margins)
Our client specialises in the production of printed packaging for a variety of markets. The company are looking to appoint an accomplished Business Development Manager for their award winning business.
They are looking for an experienced salesperson from within the labelling industry, with unusually good interpersonal and communication skills. This new role is responsible for planning and carrying out business development activities to grow the company's market share in the UK digital and flexo labels marketplace.
You should be of graduate calibre or equivalent, have a demonstrable track record in new business development in the industry with a good business acumen, commitment and a totally positive "can do" attitude.
- Reports to Group Sales Director.
- Supported by Internal Sales Team and Sales Manager.
- Proactively identify and develop new business in high end digital and flexo labelling.
- Meet sales and value added targets as detailed in the business plan, measured at monthly performance reviews.
- To be responsible for accurate and timely issue of quotations and works orders to customers and as required.
- To plan and prioritise sales activities and customer contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- To attend trade shows and meetings, events abroad and in the UK where appropriate.
- To maintain a high standard of communications in order to optimise business relationships and revenue with new and existing customers.
- To respond to and follow up sales enquiries by whichever medium.
- To monitor, analyse, record and report on activities and provide relevant management information and to maintain and develop the customer prospect database.
- To carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- To liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- To communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Other tasks to support the business plan as and when required including working extra hours if required to ensure company business objectives are met.
- Any other duties as directed by management.
- Sales skills are essential - you must have a background and previous experience in a sales / business development role, within a pressure sensitive labelling manufacturing environment.
- Technical labelling knowledge is preferable.
- Variable data labelling knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Be target-driven with a passion for sales.
- Have excellent communication, inter-personal and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels.
- Have a respected reputation in the UK labelling marketplace.
- Be passionate about customer service and innovative new product development.
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Be a team player, can work on own initiative without supervision.
- Be comfortable with the demands of extensive UK travel to achieve business objectives.
This is a pivotal role and the company truly want the right person to join their team. They are looking for someone to bring confidence, drive, hunger, a flair for the role and an upbeat approach to the business! This role is not for the faint-hearted, but in return they offer a secure working environment, room for professional growth and development and part of a successful and growing team.