Business Development Manager - Corrugated Packaging
£Open (Depending on experience) + Pension + Commission + Company Car + Phone + Laptop
Our client is a well-established, market leading independent corrugated packaging manufacturer based in the South West of England. The company provide clients with bespoke designed packaging including: conventional corrugated packaging, SRP, presentation / gift packaging, POS packaging, mail order packaging etc.
The company are looking to recruit an ambitious homebased Business Development Manager to cover the M4 corridor. 50% of the role will be spent developing new business while the other 50% will be spent developing existing accounts.
Responsibilities / Key Skills:
- Selling into a variety of markets including food, drink, pharmaceutical, horticultural, automotive and industrial markets.
- Actively seek and identify new business opportunities.
- Ensure customers' expectations are met and exceeded in all aspects.
- Be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Margin enhancement through continuous focus and improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both customers and internal personnel.
- A team-player with a passion and commercial acumen.
- Strong influencing / negotiating skills.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer focused with an entrepreneurial core.
- Diligent, professional and hardworking.
- Build strong personal relationships and credibility with customers up to the senior levels.
- A proven track record of winning, growing and retaining new business and a wide exposure to business relationships with blue chip companies.
- Must be keen to adapt to innovation and the introduction of new products to develop new business opportunities.
- A self-starter who is versatile and flexible to new situations and able to work under pressure to high standards and expectations to meet tight deadlines.