Commercial Manager - Large Format Digital / POS
Up to £50K + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus (TBD)
Our client is one of the leading large format display companies in the UK. They offer a large range of visual communication including retail POS, exhibition graphics, outdoor advertising, events and banners.
They are looking for a Commercial Manager to head up a team of up to 35 staff including, Account Managers, Estimators and some Production personnel.
- Manage the Account teams and understand fully all client needs
- Produce commercial reports and hold regular team meetings keeping the team abreast of financial results from the Board
- Ensure that Customer requirements are clearly defined and accurately translated into meaningful information such that the Operations function can meet the Customers' requirements
- Ensure that the Customers' needs are serviced in a timely, efficient and effective manner whilst maintaining
- Company profit and quality levels at all times
- Ensure that the Customers' expectations are managed in full
- To fully cover all Company expenses ensuring that extras are discussed and charged where relevant for any additional work carried out
- Successfully resolve customer queries in a timely and professional manner
- Examine Company rules to make sure they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes
- Look for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities
- Analyse sales and other reports that give insight into how the Company can make adjustments to improve performance
- Work with external Contract Managers and suppliers setting fixed rates where possible and continually striving for lower buying rates where not
- Resolve issues with contracts and commercial operations
- Communicate with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract's financial aspects
- Assess risks and make recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation
- Manage daily Company commercial operations, using the Company in-house software systems, offering direction and instruction to commercial team
- Coach team employees on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks
- Any other duties reasonably required as situations arise
- Work efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines or when other stress factors arise
- Assist the Operations Director in rate setting and work as a member of a cohesive team
- Discover areas that are not in keeping with best practice and resolve or pass to Manager to resolve if unable
- Guide the team on pricing where commercial acumen is needed
- Record, review and develop the operational process flows within the team
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations, reflecting them accurately
- Act as cover in the absence of the Operations Director
- Meet and exceed agreed Key Performance Indicators
- To manage the CIF (continuous improvements) process throughout the team and reduce the quality incidents to a minimum
- To promote a professional image of the Company and themselves at all times.
- To contribute in identifying and undertaking initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To contribute to fully integrated and flexible operations in order to provide a good customer service.
- To maintain, develop and use appropriate electronic systems / working practices for the benefit of the service.
- To work with and support other team members as required ensuring an effective and efficient service is developed and delivered.
- To provide management information as required for the use of the company.
- To observe, abide by and contribute to the QHSE procedures of the company.
- To understand and be committed to equalities and diversity and to respect others' values and beliefs and treats others with dignity and respect.
- To understand and be committed to the company mission, values and goals