Business Development Manager (Large format)
Hobs Reprographics are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager specialising in large format print to join our team based in Birmingham.
The role of Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for generating new accounts and the management of these accounts to become permanent customers for the Hobs group. Also, to be for the management of existing accounts and ensuring that we remain relevant and primary as a supplier.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identifying new business and developing it into a sales opportunity promoting the Hobs Group and its services via leads, cold calls and site visits.
- Managing all accounts to ensure they receive a full, supportive sales service and identify growth areas.
- Assisting Customers to achieve their deadlines by providing and understanding the best solution for their individual needs.
- Reciprocation and effective networking between branches.
- Maintaining regular contact with Customers and ensuring that they receive regular account reviews including managing non-spending customers including identifying issues or objections.
- Liaising with Customers, preparing quotations and the follow-up of all outstanding quotes.
- Maintaining relationships with customers via regular meeting and inviting customers into Hobs branches to increase awareness and build relationships.
- Reviewing the branch budget to ensure that branch keeps within or exceeds budget.
- Position the Hobs service range to fit customer needs
- Sell the total Hobs Group solution.
- Report and review all activity using the tools as directed and provided by Hobs.
- Developing and maintaining industry knowledge and presence.
- Providing a high-quality service to our Customers.
- Engaging in relative networking events which may occur before or after normal working hours to ensure the Hobs relationship is firm and meeting potential new clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven ability in New Business Sales
- Proven ability in Business Development and cross selling
- Experience of producing quotes
- Experience of dealing with Design / Brand / Creative Agencies
- Broad knowledge of large format print (ideally using an Arizona machine and the production process)
- Creative & Innovative Solution Sales
- An understanding of GP and margins
- Comprehensive knowledge of print wide format and direct to substrate printing Ability to take and understand a brief in all formats
- Good organisation skills and ability to use own initiative