The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented team player who will oversee the entire order process. You will review proposals, negotiate prices, select the best suppliers, analyze trends, follow up with placed orders, verify delivery, approve payment, liaise with production departments and maintain necessary records.
- Supplier Liaison:
- Formulating supplier list, to agreed parameters
- Monitoring performance
- Applying and managing service level agreements
- Applying and agreeing retrospective agreements (where applicable)
- Reviewing supplier performance
- Negotiate terms for new suppliers to agreed parameters.
- Handling and progressing technical and quality complaints through the business.
- Applying Technical Knowledge for correct material selection.
- Analyse costs and provide regular benchmarking to ensure Market competitiveness.
- Selecting the appropriate supplier, based on requirements of job.
- Negotiating costs for all live projects.
- Agreeing costs and raising Purchase Orders based on negotiations
- Raise any supplementary orders based on changes which affect costs
- Research and manage development of new products.
- Stock Control:
- Stock management of all white paper products and other substrates as per business demands.
- Monitor and sell redundant stocks.
- To co-ordinate with internal departments to ensure a continuous supply of paper.
- Production Management:
- Internal liaison with the all departments as required, Commercial, Client Services, CTP and Operations
- Liaise with the Account Managers to provide paper for outwork suppliers.
- Scheduling deliveries with suppliers (for both internal and to external contractors).
- Progress chasing internally and externally to ensure deadlines are maintained
- Problem solving
- Ensuring quick turnarounds where necessary
- Ensuring supplier relations are maintained to keep a professional relationship
- Solve invoice queries where PO and invoice do not match, as quickly as possible to maintain relationships
- Remain flexible through changing requirements
- Ensuring costs are monitored carefully
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in paper purchasing, inventory, or supply chain management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills