This role is a one year fixed-term contract.
The Design and Production team provides an in-house design & print facility. The team offers advice and practical help in preparing design and artwork for both print and electronic distribution. Design and Production also produces high quality print items in-house using digital printers and various finishing and binding methods. When time or technical circumstances dictate, the team makes use of external suppliers and co-ordinates their services to ensure brand guidelines are followed, delivery schedules and quality are maintained.
The post-holder will be responsible for the print and production of printed materials ensuring that all output is on brand. This is a hands-on role where the post-holder will need to be confident in preparing and sending files to print, produced with Adobe Creative Suite software and Microsoft. The post-holder will need to have knowledge/experience of print processes, and colour management.
The type of work produced includes but is not limited to reports, brochures, books, posters, newsletters, lapel badges, certificates, general meeting documents.
The post-holder will have responsibility for the binding and finishing of publications, including, but not restricted to, drilling, stitching, folding, trimming, laminating, perfect binding, comb binding and wire ‘o’ binding.
The post-holder is also required to liaise with and advise customers and identify appropriate processes.
Responsibility for related administration, for example, placing orders, maintaining spread sheets and stock control.
- Knowledge of current technical developments in the print industry; Highly skilled in using digital printers and finishing equipment;
- Attention to detail and a high standard of production;
- A good knowledge of printing terms and artwork requirements;
- Good grasp of English grammar and punctuation;
- Good knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office;
- Confident in using Adobe Acrobat Pro and imposition software;
- A good eye for design and a high standard of production;