Commercial Services Pricing Manager (Based Newport, Milton Keynes or Bradford)
Here at Essentra we are seeking a Commercial Services Manager to be based in Newport, Milton Keynes or Bradford. This newly created position is an exciting opportunity to lead pricing support and optimise the pricing strategy for our European operation within the labels/foils category.
As the commercial expert within this category you will support project leads and sales teams across Europe in constructing pricing models that will enable them to win new customers. You will also work closely with finance and operations; ensuring estimating mechanisms are based on variables such as current raw material prices, and overhead rates.
You will ensure optimal decisions making by balancing operational cost, market positioning and estimated costs on not only a singular tender basis but also as part of a European strategic customer positioning.
To succeed in this role you will require significant commercial pricing experience within a print or packaging environment, along with experience of evaluating/submitting RFI’s, RFQ’s and tenders.
For this role we offer a competitive salary, bonus and great benefits.
We are a FTSE 250 listed global company, headed up by a new CEO that joined us at the beginning of the year, so now is a great time to join us as we embark on a new journey!
Duties and responsibilities
- Optimise pricing strategy throughout Europe and providing guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Leading pricing support for Europe on consumer aspects cartons and labels.
- Optimise profitability through customer negotiation and through providing support to the commercial team.
- Coordinate all aspects of the tender process ensuring tender submission is in line with agreed strategy and margin expectation.
- Ensure submission of RFI, and tender/RFQ on time and in full.
- Optimise profitability through customer negotiation and though providing support to the commercial team.
- Develop further estimating models as required in order to deliver robust and timely estimating.
- Cross compare tender tracker details to commercial S&OP to ensure alignment.
You should have the following skills and experience
- Direct experience of commercial pricing, ideally within the print/packaging sector.
- Proven capability of direct customer liaison and negotiation.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both written and spoken.
- Experience of submission and evaluation of RFI, RFQ and tenders.
- Highly numerate with advanced analytical skills.