Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Production
We currently seeking to recruit a Production Manager. This a fantastic opportunity for a fully trained Production Manager to join a well-established and continuously growing organisation.
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the day to day running of the Production department and associated teams, ensuring departmental objectives including production targets, quality and safety standards are all adhered to.
In addition, the successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Production to deliver continuous improvement and develop a LEAN culture. Applications are invited from production managers / team leaders who have worked in the Transactional or Direct Mail industry.
Education / Qualifications Essential/Desirable
Educated to GCSE level including English/Maths Essential
Management in a fast-paced Manufacturing Environment Essential
5+ years working within the Print and Mailing Industry Essential
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the role. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Planning and organising - able to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities considering all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Analytical thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
- Decision making - Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made.
If you wish to apply for this position, please ensure you inform your line manager of your intentions.
Please complete an internal application form and provide an updated CV and hand this in to a member of the HR department.
Opus Trust Marketing aims to be an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all communities irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, race or ethnicity, disability