Sales Manager - Laminates/Flexible Packaging
Competitive salary, company car, a structured bonus/commission incentive and generous holiday entitlement.
My client are a well-established and profitable UK flexible packaging manufacturer with a strong sales position in food and retail bags. The company have a policy of innovation and investment in state of the art equipment and the latest technologies in high definition flexo printing. They are wanting to strengthen their UK sales operation by the appointment of an experienced sales professional with knowledge and contacts within the flexible laminates packaging sector, ideally with food sector experience.
The Role - Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for new business development in the laminates sector. You will strengthen relationships with blue chip clients and household names as well as developing new emerging companies in the food processing/co-packing sector. This will be a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to make their mark in a fast growing dynamic UK market. Your objectives will be to contribute significant sales growth to the company as they push their business into the next phase of development and investment in onsite lamination.
The candidate -
- At least 5 years proven sales track record in the sector and a proven capability in developing new business in flexible laminates.
- Grow and maintain the customer base, using industry/market knowledge to source new business opportunities and establish new business sectors in line with the company growth strategy.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and a skilled negotiator
- Methodical and well organised
- Provide quotations and solutions to customers' needs and full liaison with Company export sales support team and UK colleagues
- Attend exhibitions and follow up any leads
- Proficient with all normal software applications (MS Office) and ideally CRM software
- Take key role in delivering overall business strategy
The role is home based, but the successful candidate would be expected to travel to site and clients on a regular basis.
This role is ideal for someone with a great technical understanding of lamination, and with a strategic commercial understanding of the market development opportunities.