Business Development Manager - Corrugated Packaging
£ Highly Competitive Salary + Company Car + Commission / Bonus + 25 days Holiday + Mobile + Expenses + Contributory Pension
Our Client is a leading integrated corrugated packaging company, supplying added value printed packaging to a range of markets throughout the UK. They are well-invested company with a very stable and dedicated workforce, they have built their success on developing strong working relationships with their varied customer base.
As part of strategic growth plans, and succession planning, they are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to work in a new and exciting e-commerce sector within the UK Packaging Division.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for exploiting new business opportunities by identifying innovative packaging solutions for target customers in new markets and to undertake solutions selling, from concept and design stages through to first orders, in order to develop new, added value business.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- On line retail will surpass the more conventional in store based shopping by the end of 2025, as a result there are a significant number of established and specialist retailers who are rapidly focusing their efforts on this market place.
- As a consequence, there is a change in emphasis for packaging and what it has to deliver in terms of protection, reverse logistics and speed through the packing operation.
- Responsible for maximising business opportunities in this new and exciting market place.
- With a strong emphasis on selling and developing the new and innovative products that the group can offer and has built its reputation upon.
- To undertake an in-depth familiarisation programme to include the Group, the Division, the company, its philosophies, lines of contact, products, customers, business and operating processes and procedures, personalities, corporate plans and objectives, management and information styles.
- To formulate and implement the sales strategy and develop and deliver an action plan, focused on new business development and added value business generation, to achieve targeted levels of sales growth and maximise profitability.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate will generate £500K of new business, annualised, in the first year - Account values for existing specialist products are typically £50K p.a. upwards.
- To identify and develop new markets within the e-commerce sector which match the company's manufacturing capabilities and strategic direction, in a profitable and timely manner.
- To negotiate contracts and 'partnership' development with customers to promote long term, mutually beneficial business objectives.
- To sell original and effective solutions to customers packaging problems through close liaison with Design Technical, Quality and Operations departments.
- To gather and report commercial intelligence which ensures early identification of opportunities and potential for new added value business.
- To work closely with Design, Technical, Applications, Sales, Operational Planning and Finance teams, to ensure that new business is effectively managed and serviced through the business and that the company delivers an industry leading Customer Service experience.
- To have been perceived as making a positive and worthwhile contribution to the company by achieving sales and profit targets, in line with set objectives.
- To demonstrate the personal and business acumen necessary to gain the confidence of customers and colleagues at all levels.
- To produce detailed visit reports to provide account information for all relevant people within the organisation.
- To contribute to significant business growth and to identify ways of maximising profitability.
- To act as an effective member of the sales team, supporting and working with other team members as required.
- Reporting to the Sales Manager - e-commerce UK.