Customer Service Manager (e-commerce)
6 days left
- Contract Type
Customer Services Manager Milton Keynes - e-commerce - Packaging Division
Our DS Smith site in Milton Keynes is currently seeking an ambitious Customer Services Manager to establish and grow a new and successful e-commerce internal sales team. DS Smith is looking for a motivated individual who is strong on process and enjoys challenging themselves daily. This will be important as you will have full accountability for building and developing the e-commerce Customer Service function at our Milton Keynes site.
A natural leader, this person’s focus will be to deliver world- class customer service, in a fast-paced internal sales environment, whilst also supporting the growth plans we have in place for these areas.
You will be an effective liaison between the Customer Service function and the external Sales Team in order to improve cross-departmental relations. You will also play an active role within the Company’s senior-management team by attending meetings to ensure effective and constructive customer service input into the development of the e-commerce centre of excellence.
What some of the key duties this role will involve:
• Build, grow and support the e-commerce Customer Service function
• Identify, investigate and resolve day-to-day general management issues which arise
• Develop an environment of trust and support, encouraging engagement and individual development
• Ensure effective running of the internal sales function and the strategic development of the Team/department
• Responsible for KPI monitoring and reporting for the Customer Service function
• Ensure stock management processes and procedures are defined, documented and followed by the team
• Work with the Planning and Logistics teams to report on customer order requirements within defined lead dates and agreed customer service levels
• Build strong relationships with the external sales and supply chain teams
• Manage with the quality manager, the complaints procedure by actively investigating, identifying root cause and resolving Customer Service department fault complaints along with Non Conformance Reports. Ensure all documentation, records and the business systems relating to each Customer account are accurate, up to date and reflective of current practices
• Support and develop a culture which promotes daily problem elimination, whilst devising and implementing improvements to systems methods and procedures
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Customer focused with a proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast paced sales office
• Strong working knowledge of a multi materials environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a ‘lead by example’ attitude
• Excellent knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and CRM systems
• Ability to demonstrate how our corporate values – Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious – will be applied in the workplace
• Ability to make decisions in a time-pressured environment
• Previous experience of leading a team/people management
• A strong process/business improvement record
• Ideally has experience of organising the cross over between sales and logistics
About DS Smith: DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £50k plus benefits/bonus package.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Annual cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Paid Expenses