6 days left
- Contract Type
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join our DS Smith site based in Featherstone. This role is essential in the efficient management and creation of high value opportunities to support the growth plans at one of the UK’s premier plants. The role will also be part of the wider UK Business Team.
The role calls for an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated person who can work both at base but also across multiple plant locations as part of the wider sales team supporting strategic and challenging growth targets.
Featherstone is entering an exciting period of ground breaking opportunity as we move into the Digital arena. The candidate should relish this opportunity.
You will also be responsible for:
- Plan, coordinate and manage high value and/or multi production site tenders.
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline of high value prospect opportunities that support growth plans focussing on Digital opportunities dovetailing to growth in specific market sectors
- Deliver and manage both organic and new profitable business growth in line with Featherstone and the wider UK plans and targets.
- Ensure opportunities to supply customers from all areas of capability within the Group are explored and actioned where possible.
- To balance Price/Mix and Capacity Opportunities
- Manage and develop key relationships with production sites and their sales teams to ensure joint site approach opportunities are identified and actioned.
- Negotiation of price movements and input into tenders and other opportunities. A good understanding of margin management is essential.
- Ensure the recovery of origination spend through negotiation with the customer.
- Ensure any customer complaints received are raised in the business system in a timely manner. Liaise with Customer Services to ensure that corrective actions are reported back to the customer within agreed timescales.
- Raise customer enquiries using the relevant site specific enquiry procedures ensuring that all relevant data is supplied first time. Follow up quotations with the customer and negotiate the price in line with company the guidelines.
- Support Customer Services, SSC and Finance to recover overdue payments.
What our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven sales experience with a track record in significant value business development
- Print and conceptual design experience will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Commercially astute, aware of market trends and competitor activities
- A confident attitude with the ability to use your own initiative, to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good verbal and numerical skills
- Computer literate – MS Outlook, Excel Intermediate, Word, PowerPoint
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Featherstone + 70% travel
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.
ask that you notify your line manager before submitting your CV & cover letter.