National Account Manager - Food Packaging
Up to £40K (Depending on Experience) + Yearly Bonus Scheme + 22 Days Holiday + Car + Phone + Laptop
Our client is a leading packaging company specialising in a wide variety of packaging products with core business in the food packaging sector. They are currently looking to recruit a National Account Manager in a homebased role to cover the UK to focus in the Ready Meals sector.
The Role: They are looking for a high calibre candidate to fill this position, with good proven sales background. The chosen candidate will be responsible for day to day running of three significant food manufacturing accounts which are likely to double in size this year. You will also be required to increase with new business sales, which will account for approximately 70% of role. There is a strategy in place for targeting new account wins and very little cold calling will be required in this role.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- A proven track record of retaining, growing and winning new business.
- Keen to adapt to innovation and the introduction of new products to develop new business opportunities.
- Able to use own initiative in decision making.
- Adapt effectively and work well both in a team environment and individually.
- Professional and motivated with the necessary drive to succeed in all aspects of business.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Budgeting, marketing, sales forecasts.
- Excellent communication skills twinned with excellent presentation skills, an understanding of liaising between food manufacturers and the major multiple food retailers will be a major advantage.
- Work to sales targets.
Reasons to Apply:
- This is a large packaging company with the backing and security of being part of a wider global group with a €270million turnover.
- You will be contributing significantly during an exciting period of growth for the company.
- Great career prospects within group for stand out employees.
- This is a product that will sell itself, the existing account base will double this year alone, without any active promotion of the company. You will be provided with an existing client base and a thoroughly researched list of target companies.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the food packaging sector, any areas of packaging will be considered although contacts within the Ready Meal sector will be an advantage.