Director of Purchasing & Procurement - Print & POS
Director of Purchasing & Procurement | Print & POS (Point of Sale) | London | £Fantastic package
We have an excellent opportunity for an extremely bright and tactful Supply Chain Manager / Director of Purchasing & Procurement to pursue their career within this major visual communications group.
Your excellent Procurement & Purchasing skills will be required to source, on a worldwide scale, a wide range of products and to research for improved service, product and price from our existing suppliers. Solutions will need to be cost effective while also satisfying other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
You will have regular communication with production, management and directors, this will be paramount to ensure the smooth operation of the Supply Chain Director role.
As the Procurement & Purchasing expert, you will have a demonstrable attention to detail, be clear thinking, able to deal with questions in a calm manner and be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious. In addition, a good telephone manner is required for clear supplier communication.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- MCIPS would be desirable or working towards accreditation;
- A proven track record in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years;
- Desirable with experience in purchasing globally;
- Ideally thorough knowledge of permanent and promotional Point of Sale production - practices and processes;
- Excellent negotiation skills to achieve maximum benefit;
- A good knowledge of IT skills especially MS Excel;
- Demonstrable attention to detail and analytical thinking;
- Demonstrable excellent research and negotiation skills;
- Professional approach to problem solving and internal customer relations;
- Reliable, trustworthy and conscientious;
- Effective team member with good communication skills.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain professional within Print and POS to make a real contribution and progress within a rapidly growing organisation!