Production Director - London -£65k+car/allowence
We have a newly created and superb opportunity for a Production Director who would like to join a marketing communications client based in London. The client has worked for many years with well known retail businesses, offering creative solutions accross many media.
This is a key appointment and will fit to be the second in command to the COO.
This is an excellent opportunity to create and own a quality and continuous improvement strategy within a business looking to put quality at the heart of everything they do. This opportunity is for an ambitious individual who wants to grow within a business, and progress within the wider organisation. We want someone who is passionate about change and making a difference.
You will need to develop and implement an integrated business quality management system, create key KPIs, provide leadership and guidance for all process owners and ensure adherence to quality accreditations. As the lead in operational excellence, you will plan and facilitate activities to embed a culture and customer focus across the production side of the business.
- Lead, manage and facilitate the sites continuous improvement journey in all areas of production.
- To pro-actively identify and facilitate the elimination of waste and cost of poor quality from the business operations, fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
- Create key Quality KPIs, provide leadership and guidance for all manufacturing process owners and ensure adherence to Quality accreditations.
- Engage with all production teams at all levels to identify and deliver improvements across a continuous 24-hour operation
- Link with the wider production & account management team to identify and adopt best practice and to show-case Continuous Improvement activities to current and existing clients.
- Deliver action-focussed interventions, targeting performance improvements in line with warehouse targets.
- Improve OEE/Efficiency performance and yield across all Production areas
- Implementation of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques in order to deliver increased performance.
- Deliver training and coaching and expertise in the use of sigma, Lean and Operational Excellence tools and techniques.
- Understand analysis of losses and work to methodically address each loss, applying TPM tools and techniques
- Prepare and present where necessary data for the weekly and monthly Manufacturing Performance Review as required
- Monitor achievement against production targets and KPIs
- Full responsibility for the management of the QMS and ISO certification/audits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a fast-moving environment, Ideally printing
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong understanding of P&L
- Highly Operational experience
Lead Auditor ISO9001/AS9100
Chartered member of the CQI
Lean Sigma Certified
• Personal drive and enthusiasm
• Excellent communication skill
• Strong influence and persuasion skills
• Can build relationships
• Achieve results through others
• Build and develop teams
• Analyse and critically evaluate information and data
• Achievement orientated
If you are ready for your next challange in a very stimulating, solid and professional enviroment, then please send in your cv or get in touch.