Finishing Manager - Large Format
£Open depending on Experience
Our client has been providing outstanding specialist large format print solutions for the Advertising, Retail Point of Sale and Event and Exhibitions markets for many years. Combining cutting-edge technology with in-house expertise and innovative processes, they place 'brand impact' at the heart of what they do. They are currently looking at recruiting a Finishing Manager to report into the Production Manager.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental policies and procedures to promote a safe working environment.
- Ensure team are focused on quality and customer satisfaction.
- Take ownership and accountability for all finishing operations and resources to ensure production schedule is adhered to and efficiently achieved.
- Reduction of waste, by identifying causes working with operators in identifying and eradicate costs where possible.
- Challenging established methods, pushing forward best practice, identifying increased output areas.
- Manage and control material and labour costs within department.
- Ensure all staff have recorded their time and materials usages accurately. (including any re-prints)
- Record and report daily where individuals have not documented where they have spent their time and or not issued the correct amount of materials within department.
- Record daily and report weekly on all re-prints including what actions have been taken to eliminate re-occurrence.
- Be responsible for communicating internally and externally any issue with departmental equipment, providing a daily update on any outstanding issues.
- Be responsible for liasing with Engineers whilst they are on-site.
- Ensuring that any purchase orders required for engineering visits and parts are raised by the purchaser.
- Be responsible for ensuring all maintenance requirements are carried out on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Be available outside of working hours to deal with issues within your department
- Lead and develop team to high performance including recruitment, training, coaching, communication, motivation and engagement.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture in the team and across the department.
- Ensure that all deliveries are despatched from the site on time and meet all customer requirements.
- Inform the production manager and print manager any deviations from the schedule and what actions have been taken to reduce impact.
- Effectively manage the performance of the team ensuring fair, consistent and compliant with the Terms and Conditions of Employment and resolve queries and issues in an efficient manner. Monitor sickness, absence levels and timekeeping through return to work interviews and carry out the appropriate action in line with company policy.
- Identify, and develop a training plan for an individual as part of the company's goal to have succession planning.
- Carry out VIP's on a quarterly basis with all members of your team.
- Carry out bi-weekly meeting with each shift on the performance of the department and the company as a whole.
- Carry out shift handovers between Shift Supervisors and Print Manager.
Apply for Finishing Manager - Large Format
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly