DS Smith has an exciting opportunity available for a Manufacturing Manager at their site in Clay Cross reporting into the Operations Manager. This vital role will involve managing multiple production process within the conversion department as well as supply chain function, meeting customer delivery and quality expectations whilst maximising and continuously improving manufacturing efficiencies and minimising costs.
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
- Do you have project management experience?
- Are you somebody who possesses excellent communication and people management skills and is able to build effective working relationships?
- Do you possess a strong working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Techniques?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
What being a Manufacturing Manager at DS Smith will involve:
The key elements of the role include working and setting production KPI’s, working to high quality company standards, assessing H&S measures and employee development and training. Some of the key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
- Manage the production process to optimise throughput and efficiency whilst minimising waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
- Manage continuous improvements in the key aspects of manufacturing performance, customer service and quality.
- Establish consistency in the application of operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and Group policy.
- Undertake and control capital and revenue projects within agreed resource levels and timescales.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and manage a production team that maximises its performance potential and meets current and future business needs.
- Control resource expenditure for labour, direct expense and consumables within the approved budget and provide early indications of any potential variances in order to assist the overall unit’s forecasting.
- Implement on an ongoing basis the adoption of best working practices and operational methods in order to maintain process efficiency and competitiveness.
- Timely reporting of management information back into the Senior Management Team, as appropriate
- Manage change programmes through employee communication, involvement and engagement
- Management and control of supply chain; warehouse and finished goods
- Supporting of other operational functions during holidays/absence.
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Strong management/supervisory experience in a unionised manufacturing environment
- Awareness of current SHE and employment legislation/standards
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Techniques; lean, 5s and knowledge of six sigma a distinct advantage
- Project management and problem solving skills
- Exposure to change management processes
- Communication/briefing skills
- People management skills
- Experience of Team building
- Negotiation/consultation skills
- Budget management/cost control awareness
- Numerical /Verbal reasoning skills at management norm (SHL)
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.