Senior Finishing Manager - Up to £45k
An exciting position has become available in one of the fastest growing Print organisations. Solopress was established in 1999 after realising there was a gap in the UK market for a printer that offered fast turnaround times and a cost-effective, full colour service. Having recently become a part of a European organisation, this has resulted in a total of over 900 staff members all together.
Solopress employs over 270 handpicked individuals in the UK who work together to help more than the 180,000 customers it currently supplies.
With over 90 different products on offer, Solopress is growing year-on-year, having currently won seven prestigious awards, including ‘Business of the Year’ and ‘Business to Business of the year’.
A fantastic career opportunity for an experienced Senior Finishing Manager to join an innovative UK Leading Print Company has become available due to growth and need.
This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic and professional individual with strong knowledge and personal attributes to utilise their skills in a growing and successful team.
- To oversea and co-ordinate the three current managers, ensuring deadlines are met and allocating work and ensuring that performance is as expected and exceeded.
- To liaise with the Operational Director ensuring all required reporting is completed, staff are correctly managed and all efficiencies are recognised and met.
- To ensure that machinery is maintained to a high level and all service contracts are up to date. To ensure working areas and machinery are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Finishing department & Despatch requirements working closely with the current despatch manager to complete daily deliveries and oversee packaging requirements.
- To oversee the management of staff, staff performance, attendance, training and progression.
- Ensure that daily and weekly health and safety checks are carried out and relevant documentation is completed and filed
- Organise and ensure the production of work coming through on a daily basis
- Ensure all maintenance schedules are adhered to and any repairs are carried out with minimal delay on all machinery; (Machinery includes guillotines, folders, Mullers, cylinders and many more)
- Oversee the adherence to the company’s agreed security policy to ensure the security of the building at all times
- Motivating and encouraging teamwork within the finishing and warehouse teams to ensure productivity targets are met.
- Experience in the Print Industry is essential
- Experience in working at high levels of managements and required reporting.
- Experience in dealing with management teams and liaising correctly to Directors.
- Assertive and focused mind-set with strong management skills
- Ability to work at high level but also flexible to work within structures.
- Knowledge of a bonded warehouse operation
- Passionate about people
- Excellent organisational skills
- Energetic with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work to key performance targets and take pride in achieving success
- To be able to work to get the job done and be willing to apply hours needed to ensure compliance, completion and success.