Sales Manager - Retort Laminates and Doy Packs
Our Client is leading flexible packaging manufacturer supplying a range of products including film, bags and laminates into food markets throughout the UK & Europe.
Currently looking to recruit a Sales Manager to focus on growing the retort lamination and doy pack division. Once the successful candidate is in place, our client is looking to build a team around them; therefore, experience managing staff would be a distinct advantage. This is a home based role with fortnightly travel to the UK offices.
A proven background selling retort laminates and pouches is essential for this role.
- Developing leads into new business opportunities and customers
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Recording sales and order information and entering into a computer system
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Feeding future buying trends back to managers
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues