Production Manager - Large Format / Signage
Our client is a well-established and respected print company, they have a comprehensive range of in-house kit including; litho presses up to B2, digital presses and large format, plus their own finishing. The company deals with many blue chip and house hold names within the automobile, financial, retail and housing sectors.
The Production Manager is a hands-on role that combines managing the Large Format Printing & Signage department's estimating, administration, production and installations. The successful candidate will be experienced in large format printing, responsible to control the production team and manage and exceed customer and sales departments expectations. The ideal candidate will have an excellent level of existing knowledge of print production & signage.
- The Production Manager's main responsibilities will be to manage the whole of the production team and overseeing production, working closely with the sales department to gather job requirements, perform both procurement and project management of each assigned campaign or project including fulfilment, logistics and subcontractors.
- The ideal candidate must have the ability to manage the client's jobs on-budget, on-time, and with the highest level of service and quality.
- Manage workloads and schedules to effectively meet targets and customer orders.
- You must be able to problem solve issues that arise in the production, delegating tasks to effectively overcome these issues. Appraising members of staff.
- Developing and identifying training needs.
- Building relationships with client's and develop working practices and strategies moving forward.
- Proactively presenting production solutions and offer suggestions to enable greater efficiency.
- Manage and develop internal production and external sign fitting Health and safety requirements, comply with the Health and Safety regulations, with specific responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all personnel within your control.
- Ensuring overall safe and compliant planning, implementation and monitoring of all activities.
- Reporting all accidents and/or incidents and near misses in accordance with company procedures.
- Provide regular status updates to management and sales department, analyse job revenue, cost, and profitability reporting to key management.
- The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously within a fast paced, high energy environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent Leadership Qualities
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Excellent Communicational Skills
- Calm under pressure
- Good customer relation skills
- Signage & Print Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge of Sign fabrication Techniques
- Excellent knowledge of Large format printing and finishing
- Good Knowledge of installations & fitting techniques
- Ideally a keen buyer
- Ability to use MIS systems e.g. Shuttleworth / Tharstern
- Understand the importance of Health and Safety
- Attention to detail
Job Reference: SN1045