The Account Manager ensures client requirements are met in a professional, timely and consistent manner. Taking ownership of all day to day operational issues, you will manage client requirements, from initial enquiry through to delivery, stock control and management reporting, liaising with suppliers and colleagues where necessary.
The role is heavily client focused and you will be involved in the ongoing development of relationships as well as sourcing and negotiating with suppliers and ensuring all jobs are delivered accurately and on time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a proactive service to clients and liaise with suppliers to ensure products are delivered on time, to agreed prices and to an acceptable standard.
- Discuss printing requirements with clients, advise appropriate print methods, obtain costings, prepare quotes and place job with most appropriate supplier.
- Project manage the complete end to end production process, keeping client and Client Services Director informed of progress.
- Log stock call offs on system, arrange distribution of stock on a day to day basis and organise larger scale distributions when required.
- Monitor stock levels to suggest and manage appropriate reprints.
- Log all stages of jobs on relevant electronic and paperwork systems and keep accurate and up to date records.
- Produce timely and accurate detailed management information reports.
- Implement new client accounts to ensure service standards are mutually agreed upon and will be consistently met.
- Developing, and improving on, operational procedures for existing client accounts in a proactive manner.
- Manage projects and developments within the business to support the relationship with the client and ensure the correct level of client focus is achieved.
- Undertake other designated projects and appropriate duties as identified by your line manager or Client Services Director.
- Be willing to undertake any relevant training/qualifications that will assist you in the implementation of your duties.
- Identify, appraise and investigate sales opportunities during liaisons with existing clients, keeping the Client Services Director informed.
Review cost base for each client account and identify cost reduction analysis on customers and suppliers to increase profitability (to include time analysis).